Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Reader Discretion Advised - mature content relating to depression and suicide

MISERY IS MY MISTRESS

Misery is my mistress
Wraps me in her loving embrace
Sheltering me from the light
For me alone she waits.

She's always with me
At my side by day and by night
Her hypnotic voice a beckoning
The darkest thoughts she does invite.

She loves me unconditionally
When others wouldn't ever dare
Whispering her haunting melody
An unspoken desperate prayer.

Won't let the light betray me
Or bring me any false dawns
Neath a comforting cloak of gloom
A crown of bloody thorns.

Prying eyes cannot see me
None know my pending doom
Safe in the peace of blackness
A blessed end is coming soon.

Yeah, Misery is my mistress
I cannot deny her charms
Drawing me in ever closer
Safe in her deadly, loving arms.

Floating on a tormenting mistral
Falling and tumbling without a care
My chapter is finally closing
Her grief is mine alone to bear.

Sinking beneath the surface
Gone now without a trace
Unnoticed and forgotten
I have finally found my place.


Attempting to understand the black dog and empathising with those being chased by it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home